Mediation Attorneys Missoula, MT
Mediation has soared in popularity due to its ability to achieve fair and lasting agreements. Most individuals and families can successfully resolve divorce and other disputes using mediation. This means less time in court and a more effective final agreement.
As meditation attorneys, we serve as an impartial third party to help people in conflict negotiate and resolve their disputes. The goal is to create a fair and durable agreement reflecting the needs and interests of all parties. We are also able to draft the legal documents the parties need out of our Missoula office.
Our mediation lawyers provide Family Mediation and Settlement Conference services for all phases of a family’s life cycle:
- Child custody
- Divorces and domestic partnerships
- Parenting and child support issues
- General family mediation
Mediation in Montana
Montana law requires both parents in a dissolution or other familial proceeding to attend a Settlement Conference (or mediation) prior to a final hearing. The lone exception is in cases of domestic violence, in which case the victim can opt out.
A settlement conference is an attempt to resolve all outstanding issues in your divorce or other family law case. During mediation, each party will be placed in a separate conference room with their own attorney (if they chose to use one). We will act as the “Settlement Master,” moving between the rooms and attempting to negotiate an agreement for everyone’s benefit.
As Settlement Master, we can assist in all aspects of a divorce or parental proceeding, including:
- Marital Property Settlement Agreements, which distributes all assets and debts in a marriage.
- Preparation of parenting plans addressing the care and custody of your children. Our Missoula office is equipped with Montana Child Support Guidelines software, allowing us the ability to assist in negotiating and preparing child support agreements.
Benefits of Mediation
- Mediation ends in settlement the vast majority of times, making it a cost effective way to achieve satisfying results for both parties. Settlement also does away with the uncertainty and stress that trials bring.
- People keep control over their lives by creating their own agreements rather than surrendering their power to lawyers and judges. Lawyers and other professionals can still offer advice during the mediation.
- Because they craft their own customized agreements, people are far more satisfied with the terms. People can create unique agreements with creative ideas and solutions that are not available to a judge.
- Mediation is focused on solving problems and building agreements. This allows those involved to mitigate the damage to a long-term relationship. This is especially important for divorcing couples who must co-parent their children after the divorce.
How Judnich Law Can Help You
Our mediation attorneys…
- Listen carefully and compassionately. Both parties can voice their most important goals and needs of their family.
- Help both parties understand and navigate the requirements and framework of the legal system.
- Negotiate fair and lasting agreements.
- Allow all parties to maintain dignity and integrity during very difficult emotional times.
- Save our clients money by offering an alternative to lengthy trials.
- Help you navigate conflict resolution in a way that minimizes damage to relationships.
We can help resolve disputes and make difficult transitions. Call us today to see if mediation is the best fit for you and your family.
“I’m Lucy Hansen, a Missoula mediation attorney born and raised in Montana.
I help my clients understand everything they need to know about child support, child custody, and parenting plans. I’m a fierce advocate for parents and their children.”
Do You Need Help With Mediation?
Call the Judnich Law Office at (406) 721-3354 & Schedule Your Consultation
Clients Trust the Mediation Attorneys at Judnich Law
“Lucy did an outstanding job, very fast, very thorough. I would highly recommend her to anybody with a family law issue. In my opinion, no one could ask for a better attorney.” –Art D.
Related Family Law Services
Do you need the help of an experienced divorce attorney in Missoula Montana? The family lawyers at the Judnich Law Office can help.
We can help you file for a Dissolution of Marriage, negotiate the tough decisions that need to be made throughout the process, and finalize your divorce.
Parenting Plans / Child Custody
When involved in a contested divorce, or even after a divorce has been settled, remember that your children come first.
Our divorce attorneys and family law experts can help you create a parenting plan or child custody arrangement that works for you.
We’re on Your Side.
We are Missoula-based attorneys focusing on Criminal Defense with a history of winning cases.
Client comfort and confidence is our goal.
From the Judnich Law Blog
Clients Trust Judnich Law
“Lucy has defended us and represented us in a manner that has left us speechless. To say she is a great attorney seems so small and unworthy of the praise she deserves. She took on a tough case that has been an emotional and ethical journey that will never be forgotten. The fierce fighter you have in Lucy serves not only us well, but anyone she represents.
To have her in our corner is not only the best gift God has given us in this process, but reassures us that with her doing the job she does for people like us, that this world is a better place because of people like her.
We are so thankful for her and all of your staff. Cases may come and go, but to us, Lucy has become a member of our family – sharing the hardest time of our lives – and helping us get through it. All the money in the world can’t buy the sincerity of her kindness, dedication and actions of pure love on our case – that’s just who she is – and for that we are truly thankful.
We would recommend her to anyone in Missoula. She is one in a million, a bright star that shines beyond measure. Lucy is our diamond and we know your firm treasures her like we do.”
— Tana & Rob Re
I have used Judnich Law Office twice in the past three years. First, Vinnie represented me for an auto accident claim. At four months pregnant, the stress of the auto accident was not something my body could take on. It was such a blessing to have Vinnie handling the medical payments and talking with the adjusters so I could focus on getting treatment and being a new mom.
Then, almost a year later I hired Lucy to help me with a parenting plan and custody issue for my daughter. A new job was taking me out of state and my daughter’s father was not adhering to the original parenting plan and now fighting me for full custody. I needed help with mediation, court paperwork, and most importantly having my daughter’s needs met.
Thanks to Lucy and her team, I had people who were fighting for my daughter’s rights rather than fighting for paternal rights. To have someone willing to fight when you have been told there is nothing you can do was a relief.
When all was said and done I was allowed to take the new job, better provide for my daughter, and further my career. I could not thank Judnich Law Office enough for giving me peace of mind and giving me my life back.
— Heather Jenner