Expunge Your Convictions. Get a Fresh Start.
A successful expungement helps you put your past behind you. You won’t have to worry about your record coming back to haunt you on...
Mortgages & Apartment Rentals
Don’t Forget: Your criminal record can prevent you from owning a gun or being able to legally hunt in Montana. An expungement in Montana can clear your record and allow you to regain your hunting and gun ownership rights!
Ready For a Fresh Start? The Judnich Law Office Can Help.
The Expungement Process: What to Expect
In order to pursue an expungement for all misdemeanor convictions in Montana:
- You must have never previously attempted expungement in Montana before.
- 5 years must have passed since you completed the terms of the sentence for the last conviction you are attempting to expunge. The more time that has passed, the more likely your Montana expungements will be successful.
- You must file a petition in District Court which has very specific legal requirements. To do this right you NEED the help of an experienced Montana expungement lawyer.
- If your crime(s) harmed a victim, the victim will be contacted and asked for their input.
After Your Expungement
When your expungement is successful, your misdemeanor court convictions on your official record will be removed. In addition, all legal records and notes relating to your misdemeanor, including court records will be sealed.
There will be no record that you were ever arrested, charged, convicted, or sentenced.
You only get one chance to expunge your record. If denied, you can never attempt to expunge it again in the future.
The Montana Expungement Lawyers at Judnich Law Office has a success rate exceeding 99%.
Find Out If You’re Eligible For an Expungement in Less Than 2 Minutes.
Or Call: (406) 721-3354
What Convictions Can Be Expunged in Montana?
Any misdemeanor conviction can be expunged in Montana.
Can a DUI Be Expunged?
Yes, but they will be looked at very closely by the courts and are more challenging. The court will look at:
- The amount of time that has passed since your offense, conviction, and sentencing. Remember the 5-year minimum is just that- a minimum.
- How likely you are to reoffend. The more you can show you’ve turned your life around, the more likely your expungement will be granted.
How Much Does an Expungement Cost?
At Judnich Law Office, our Montana expungement team charge a minimum of $900 per expungement if no hearing is required. If you want to expunge multiple convictions (you can expunge your entire record!), our firm will create a custom discounted bundle price depending on how many convictions you want expunged. An additional $900 charge is applied if a hearing is required for any of your Montana expungements.
Questions about our fees? Call us at (406) 721-3354.
What Do I Have to Do?
Our office handles everything and will send you any paperwork we need you to complete for the process. We can obtain all the paperwork and provide you with everything you need to successfully expunge your prior conviction.
Why Should I Get an Expungement?
For most people, the biggest reasons for pursuing an expungement are simple: some convictions can be problematic with employment, with housing, restoring gun and hunting rights, as well as just social stigma. In addition if you want to expunge traffic offenses, you may be able to significantly lower your car insurance premiums by wiping the slate clean!
Montana Expungement Resources From the Experts at Judnich Law
Until recently, misdemeanors in Montana couldn’t be expunged. Now a criminal record expungement expungement can have records of your misdemeanor offense...